Monday, 19 August 2013

7 Days to go...

Ok. I just sat on my couch with the laptop writing and erasing and writing and erasing, struggling to decide how to start this blog... haha. I'm kinda nervous about what I write on this because I read somewhere that what I write on my blog will stay on the internet permanently... :o I'd probably read back in the future at some of the stuff I've written and think "Oh... Golly Gosh. Why was I so crazy/ weird/ immature???" That's what I think when I read my past journal.

I am starting a blog for my 18 month journey as a Mormon Missionary in Korea (yeah the ones you've probably seen before on bikes or knocking on your door). I can't promise you that I'll be posting regularly but I'll try.

I got my mission call in May and found out I'll be serving in the Korea Daejeon Mission. I've heard from a couple of people that Daejeon Mission is known for having a lot of sister missionaries. A friend of mine calls it the "DearJohn Mission" lol. (lots of missionaries write DearJohn/DearJane letters on their mission) 

I'm so happy to go to back to Korea. I miss Korea. I miss being surrounded by the Korean food, the culture, the people and the language 24/7. It's exactly where I wanted to go. 

I don't know whether I should write about myself or not. I don't know who will read this blog. If you are friend of mine then you won't need to read this but if you are a random who found this blog then here is a brief description of who I am.

My name is Sangji Lee (이상지 in Korean). Born and raised in Korea till the age of 11. When I was 11 my family moved to New Zealand in a place called Dunedin. I play the piano and I'm a part-time piano teacher at a high school. I also enjoy singing. I was a bit of a choir-geek in high school. I have a younger sister who is a year younger than me and inspiring parents whom I honour.

Write to you again soon... 


No comments:

Post a Comment