Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Happiness

Dear Blog,

I don't have much time to email today so it's a short one. We went hiking to Moodng Mt today as it is our P-day. We went as a District and we had such a great time. We got up to the peak and ate Kimbab and Tteock for lunch then had our personal study time. It was the perfect environment to be in. 

I just wanna say this work makes me so happy. When I see my investigators grow and their thirst for the Gospel increases, it makes me so happy. It's a peaceful happiness that stays in my heart. Two of our investigators are really starting to open their heart to the Gospel now that makes me so happy.

The other night, we were talking to some people at the Bus stop and we were leaving but as we were leaving I spotted this woman who was looking at us so intently. We went up to her to introduce ourselves and talk to her. She kept saying we looked so happy. She saw us getting rejected by the people who we talked to at the bus stop but she noticed that those rejections didn't alter our happiness.

I know that the whole purpose of the Gospel is for us to have happiness.
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Jesus Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." ( Helaman 5:12, Book of Mormon.)

I know that sometimes in life we feel that way. Sometimes we feel like there is a 'whirlwind', 'hail' and 'storms in life but if our lives our built on the foundation of Jesus Christ then we can still find peace and happiness midst that. We have someone to rely on during the disaster times.

P.S Next week, I'm gonna get my companion to write to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment