Monday, 14 October 2013

My companion, Sister Boone

Introducing Sister Boone

HELLO! 
My name is Sister Laura Boone I am 167cm tall, 23 years old, and I am a Mormon ...missionary! I am from the USA in Arizona, but despite no ocean in AZ among my greatest dreams is to learn how to surf. My favorite Korean food is Kimchi jiggae and Korean Soymilk/Bean noodles its not really like soymilk but its really delicious and sadly only available in summer. 

One of my favorite parts of missionary work is when someone says their first verbal prayer to our heavenly father. There is no experience that compares to how much you can feel Gods love for them and you simultaneously! The hardest parts are being constantly faced with your weaknesses, and having to face them, because running away from them just makes you have to face them again later, and they are always worse by then. But the pros outweigh the cons 100 to 1 in missionary work. It is incredibly difficult-tailor made and heaven sent experience. 

I really enjoyed my time with Sangji and for those of you who have never seen her in action I'll have you know that she is a natural born missionary and she already had done and will continue to do great things. 

My favorite scripture lately is found in the Book of Mormon 1Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." There is no commandment too difficult or insurmountable but that God will give us a way to do it. He who knows all, sees the way when we cannot see it. Trust Him, ask Him and He will lead you. I bear witness of that truth!

Keep the faith,
Sister Laura Boone

p.s. tune in next time with funny quirks of Sangji you may or may not have known about :)



[PHOTOS]

Kimchi~ A quick photo at a bus stop.


Our district out hiking 
Me after doing personal study at the top of the mountain 

No comments:

Post a Comment