Sunday, 6 July 2014

Another transfer with Sister Jensen!

Sister Jensen with a sign "Teach me Korean"
At Sister Moon's baptism

This week was a good week. This morning we found out that Sister Jensen and I will be staying another transfer together. It is so unusual to have greenies stay in their 1st area for 5 transfers.  It is going to our 4th transfers together and we are so excited. I LOVE serving with Sister Jensen. She is an angel sent from Heaven. Before my mission, I heard a returned missionary tell me that during his mission he got to stay only 1 transfer with companions he got along well and many transfers with companions he struggled with. It hasn't been like that for me. I've been so spoilt with companions that I'm afraid when the really hard one will come along haha.

Zone activity today. Everyone in our zone. We played sports and ate Costco pizza together.
Sister Jensen(my companion) with our Mission President (President Shin) and his wife (Sister Shin)

We haven't been having too good stats lately because after the baptsim of Sister Moon so many of the investigators kind of disappeared...  We are doing a lot of finding at the moment. The thing is though, even though we have low stats I feel like we are doing what we are meant to. I feel the Spirit and feel so happy even when we are sweating like crazy in this heat haha.

I read 2 Nephi 33 yesterday and I love it. In verse one, Nephi says that when he speaks, the Holy Ghost is carried unto the heart of the man. However, he is so sad that the people harden their hearts against the Holy Ghost that is carried unto them. I feel a bit of what Nephi feels. I got  comfort from verse 4. I know that the prayers that are said for these people are not gone to waste. Even when we can't see the fruit of what we are doing, "God will consecrate my prayers for the gain of my people."

I love my mission because I'm understanding more about the atonement of Jesus Christ every single day.

When I was a Greenie, I had times when I was discouraging myself a lot. I felt that my testimony of the Atonement was too weak. I saw others bear heartfelt testimonies about the atonement with tears and I just thought I can't do that... I thought "I haven't felt enough and don't understand enough." When I thought that I asked myself "then what am I doing here?? My purose is to teach others about the atonement and I don't have a testimony of it." I remember praying and begging my Heavenly Father that I can gain that sure testimony of the Atonement like all these missionaries around me do.

My prayer didn't get answered with a boom suddenly but rather my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ gradually opened my understanding that all this time it was through the Atonement of Jesus Christ that these blessings were brought to my family, that it was through the Atonement my heart was changed.

It's the same with my testimony of the Book of Mormon. I heard people say that they put Moroni's promise to the test. That they read Moroni 10 and prayed then got an answer through the Holy Ghost while they were praying that it is true. I was worried during some times of my misison because that didn't happen to me. I thought "Gosh, I don't have a testimony of the Book of Mormon."
But now I know that those discouragements came from the wrong source. I do have a testimony of the Book of Mormon. I know that these are prophets of God who are speaking to me through these words. One of my favorite things about my mission is the time I spend with the Lord during personal study of the Book of Mormon.

Anyway love you all so much.  muah

No comments:

Post a Comment