Sunday, 3 August 2014

"God is testing our patience and our optimism"

Ok. I'll tell you about my week.
I have had a great birthday. I was so spoilt haha. Sister Jensen knows how to spoil on birthdays. She sang me the birthday song like 5 times throughout the day. She secretly texted all the members that it was my birthday. After an activity on Friday, the members surprised me with 2 birthday cakes and the birthday song. I got in total 4 birthday cakes... 


To be honest... we are struggling right now with finding people to teach...
We were just not seeing any fruits to our work. This morning, I wrote in my journal "My heart feels so heavy and down lately. I find myself having lack of desire to talk to people and work hard. I find myself having no hope or vision of what we are doing at the moment. How do I get out of this Heavenly Father? How can I recover?" then I read the Book of Mormon. Wow, I can't live without this book. I read in I read from Alma 21 to 24. From reading these chapters, I just felt a lot of peace in my heart. I felt an affirmation that we are all children of God and we are here on Earth to help each other to find joy through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. When we all chose Jesus Christ's plan in the pre-mortal life, we were all determined that we will help each other to follow Jesus Christ and come back to our Heavenly Father. That's why we are doing this work and that's why they are doing this work in the Spirit World right now. In the Spirit world, they are not like " I have the Gospel so I'll just rest in the Spirit paradise" they are working their butt off to bring others to the Spirit Paradise. 


In Alma 24, the Anti-Nephi-Lehis give up their lives to not use their weapons again to kill in the war. They would have to so scared but their motive behind giving up their lives was their love for God and their love for the Lamanites who were killing them. This act of love brought so many of their Lamanite brothers into the Gospel.


I'm so grateful for the Book of Mormon. I need the power of the Atonement in my life everyday and I can get it from a book that I can hold in my hand. 



No matter how hard-hearted people can be, all I can do is to bear my testimony. I have made a personal goal to bear my testimony to twenty people a day. It's going well so far. I make sure I look them straight in the eye and bear my testimony clearly so that God knows that I did my best in giving them chances. We have a lot of periods like this on our missions so from experience I have learnt that this is a time when God is testing our patience and our optimism. God wants us to wake up with a smile on our face and look forward to finding people. God wants us to not complain but ponder on the miracles He gives us everyday; even if it's not an investigator with a baptismal date. He gives us miracles everyday. 


My last day of being a teenager. Sister Jensen and I went out for 팥빙수. It was so yummy.
Family Home Evening Game time 
Being spoilt with birthday cakes during Samsung Ward Family Home Evening
A 99 year old lady. We helped carry her groceries. Haha she told us to print this photo and come back to her so we''ll do that today.
I put up your photos you sent me around my desk. Love it!!!
With our Buddhist monk investigator
팥빙수 with Sister Stradling on a split
On a windy day

No comments:

Post a Comment