Friday, 27 March 2015

Haha... This is Sister Sangji Lee posting on the blog herself for the first time. Thanks Jisu for all that hard work...I don't know what happened but no emails were posted since last December but that's ok. I will just post my last email home to finish this blog. 


Here we go... last email...

이미라자매님 and her son got baptised! We've been teaching 이미라자매님 for a couple of months. She first came in contact with the missionaries through english advertisement a several years ago but she has never learned any english from us haha. She has been interested in the church for her family. I remember after the first time we taught about the Book of Mormon she has carried around the book everywhere to her work and when she travels. She has been reading whenever she felt that she needs the strength from God. We weren't able to meet with her for like a month because her husband was sick but she was protected and when she came back to church she had a desire to be baptised. The elders taught her everything she needs to know last week and got baptised!
It was a little hard for her to quit coffee but she wanted to be a strong pioneer for the family and did so well. 

On Saturday the musical fireside went well. We went with our investigator 윤희 she wanted to perform a song called 고양이 춤  on the piano. She first wanted to perform like 4 songs but her sister calmed her down and chose one song haha. She did so well and the members loved it!

The fireside wasn't a high quality performance but the members loved preparing musical items within their families and performing to each other. We all enjoyed it. 
Sister Jensen and I sang "잠잠하라" as a duet. 

도효진 and her son were meant to be baptised yesterday too but on Saturday they had an accident... 준영 ran into her wheelchair on his bike and they both were injured.. They couldn't be baptised but they are getting baptised next Sunday. Although I can't be there to see but I'm so excited for them. 

Everyone is asking me how I am feeling now that I'm finishing my mission. Honestly, I haven't been feeling extremely sad or depressed about going home, not because I don't love this work but I know my service to God does not end here. It's more of another beginning. I have been taught by Jesus Christ in the last 18 months how be His true disciple for the rest of my life. I have people to love and help come unto Christ wherever I go. 

I am feeling very grateful. I feel that even though I have tried to serve for others, I was the one being healed and strengthened in the power of His atonement. I was reading D&C 88:78. "Teach ye dilligently and my grace shall attend you, that you may be instructed more perfectly in theory, in principle, in doctrine, in the law of the gospel, in all things that pertain unto the kingdom of God, that are expedient for you to understand." When I was reading this scripture, the word "ye/you" kept standing out to me. In the last 18 months, as I taught His Gospel it was me that received Christ's grace, it was me that was instructed from Him so that I understand who my Father in Heaven and my Savior is. 

I know that my Father in Heaven lives. He is my Father. He wants me to be happy. I know that by following my Savior's example I can find true happiness, that happiness that lasts. I also know that there is only one way to follow His example because He is one Being. I know that God has called Joseph Smith as His prophet and restored His Gospel to let us know how to follow His Son. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. 

I leave my testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment